Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Palletizer Operator in St. Paul, Minnesota
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs routine manual production functions or physical adjustments necessary to operate the palletizer to meet customer specifications.
- Performs visual inspection of cans prior to packaging to ensure that cans meet customer specifications.
- Performs and charts quality checks of in-process finished products and is responsible for required operating data.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift as well as to the production supervisor, maintainer, and QA department.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in these essential functions and responsibilities and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: statistical process controls.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training.
- Ability to learn all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to effectively instruct and train other employees.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality. Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Palletizer Operator
Job ID: 665677
Location: MN - St. Paul
Full/Part Time: Full-Time