Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Production Manager, Lean Manufacturing in Springdale, Arkansas
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we’re a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we’re proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Available to work flexible shifts (to include different days and times).
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervises the production department as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Supervises and coordinates the employees and activities of the production function to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
- Facilitates the on-the-job training and development of subordinates’ skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
- Facilitates communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
- Maintains production, spoilage, and downtime records.
- Leads problem solving sessions to solve production, quality and safety issues.
- Responsible for monitoring machine parts and supplies for production equipment as needed to maintain their good working order.
- Evaluates products to ensure compliance with established quality standards.
- Reviews production schedules to ensure an optimization of set up changes.
- Furnishes work orders and schedules for maintenance corrective action.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Experience applying LEAN practices in everyday work (5s, (SMED), and root cause problem solving).
- Broad experience usually acquired through working in a manufacturing plant.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Metalpack manuals.
- Ability to operate and functionally use the computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Flexible availability to be able to work various shifts (continuous operation or standard 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.)
Relocation for this position is Available.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options that include:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, a variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance and tuition reimbursement.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Production Manager, Lean Manufacturing
Job ID: 665426
Location: AR - Springdale
Full/Part Time: Full-Time