Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, Plant Engineering in Sherbrooke, Quebec
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
We are currently looking for an engineering and maintenance Manager who will be based in Sherbrooke (Quebec), Canada
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manages the plant engineering function as directed.
Reporting to the plant manager, the engineering and maintenance Manager is part of the management team. He supervises the engineering and maintenance department and determines the strategic objectives of his department. It adheres to the principles of the company by adopting a results-oriented management. He is a key player in maintaining a healthy and safe working environment in the area under his authority.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the engineering and maintenance sector;
- Prioritizes the objectives and manage the department expenses;
- Estimates and prepares budgets and AFEs for plant projects. Manage the authorization of expenditure.
- Establishes a program that will ensure control of M & R and tooling inventories
- Monitor the performance of its different sectors in order to control results according to performance indicators;
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Act as an important player in the support for the production through the services offered by his team;
- Manages the staff, evaluate the performance and see to the development of its employees;
- Monitors the application of the various health and safety procedures and policies. Also, promote the regulations and policies of the company, particularly in the area of health and safety;
- Directs and monitors activities related to the various governmental bodies in the field of environment and protection of places;
- Directs and manages projects related to equipment and building modification and/or repair.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Directs and manages the various contractors related to the operations and the management of the projects;
- Act as responsible for the maintenance and repair of the building and the site;
- Manages the different contractors related to operations and project management;
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through university level education (Metallurgical, Mechanical or other related engineering);
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum of relevant experience including at least 3 years in personnel management;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Have experience in Project management (PMP certification: an asset)
- Have strong knowledge in continuous improvement Lean/Six Sigma (ideally have Green and Black Belt Certification);
- Have excellent relational qualities;
- Strong financial skills (understanding budgets, analysis, cost tracking, impact of capitalization, etc.);
- Be a good Communicator (oral and Written);
- Have good Leadership, strategic vision and ability to analyze and solve problems;
- French/English (bilingualism) ;
- Be able to travel (occasionally).
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; company policies, procedures, and products; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/buildings maintenance.
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Job Title: Manager, Plant Engineering
Job ID: 664994
Location: QC - Sherbrooke
Full/Part Time: Full-Time