Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Systems Administrator (662710) in Rome, New York
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Senior Systems Administrator
What You’ll Do:
- Install, configure, manage, test, and lock down Active Directory and third party tools for authorization (Quest Authentication Services, LDAP, etc.) and heterogeneous environments for federal government customers.
- Work in a customer facing environment or directly with the customer to install and educate them on the use of systems you set up.
- Work schedule may be unpredictable and may need to travel on short notice.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, Strategic Support Unit and the Company.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field, such as Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Current Top Secret Clearance is required.
- Ability to travel is required.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II preferred
- Enterprise level Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Experience with full suite of VMware products, particularly vCenter, ESXi, and Horizon View.
- A general knowledge of the entire datacenter, including networking, storage, Windows, Active Directory and Linux.
- Experience with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, Arcsight, OpenView, EMC Storage, Data Domain, Solaris/Unix LDAP Auth a plus
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Ability to travel (10-15%) is required
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator (662710)
Job ID: 662710
Location: NY - Rome
Full/Part Time: Full-Time