Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, Plant Engineering in Phoenix, Arizona
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Manages the plant engineering function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the plant engineering function in the plant and its interface with the group office.
- Establishes and monitors the plant tooling control and change control system while adhering to designs, specifications, and standards established by group engineering.
- Estimates and prepares budgets and AFEs for plant projects, and is responsible for authorization for expenditures.
- Directs constant communication with group engineering to ensure that any new developments affecting plant engineering are quickly and accurately transmitted and that any approved or standardized methods are established.
- Establishes a program that will ensure control of M & R and tooling inventories.
- Directs information to the plant manager, department heads, group manufacturing engineer, and group engineering with the appropriate reports in all areas of plant engineering in order to ensure the efficient and consistent operation of the department within the plant and the group.
- Directs necessary level of contact with environmental state and local agencies so that plant management is aware of any/all developing problems or changes occurring within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of plant computer systems.
- May be responsible for administration of data/computer systems and telecommunications systems.
- Responsible for supervising outside contractors.
- May be responsible for supervising the electrical department and machine shop.
- May write and maintain line control programming.
- Responsible for building and site maintenance and repair.
- May be responsible for lock out/tag out program development and implementation.
- Tracks time and costs of projects for plant manager.
- May direct and coordinate health, safety, and environmental activities in the plant with assistance from corporate environmental services support engineer.
- May be responsible for duties of emergency coordinator when required per corporate emergency commander/coordinator guidelines.
- May be responsible for administration of fire protection and sprinkler systems.
- May be responsible for administration of fire alarm and evacuation systems.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 4 year(s) minimum
- 10-15% of travel
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager, Plant Engineering
Job ID: 665267
Location: AZ - Phoenix
Full/Part Time: Full-Time