Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Specialist - Government Accounting (665539) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Specialist – Government Accounting
What You’ll Do
- Recognized as a critical company advisor with responsibility for interfacing with internal and external customers and industry experts.
- May task and guide junior-level analysts when assigned to the same effort.
- Business advisor to other business areas/departments to ensure proper charging, accumulation of costs, policy/procedure and regulatory guidance.
- Ensure Disclosure Statements are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with Ball Aerospace best practices.
- Provide independent support of Government audits on all Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) issues, Business systems audits, post award audits, and operational audits.
- Create or implement new, or revise existing, Ball aerospace policies and procedures.
- Support development and submittal of incurred cost claim as requested.
- Conduct financial presentations for internal and external customers.
- Manage billing rate process with DCMA.
- Ensure Disclosure Statement adequacy with government representatives.
- Provide guidance to senior company management regarding governmental regulations and compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA.).
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to learn software tools and Ball Aerospace records systems for production of reports, analysis, and presentations.
- Proficient Knowledge in Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) cost principles.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Specialist - Government Accounting (665539)
Job ID: 665539
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time