Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Solutions Desk Specialist II (666368) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Solutions Desk Specialist II
What you'll do:
- Respond to customer requests for assistance with computer software/hardware.
- Respond to user account and password resets.
- Regular patching of Operating Systems, integrated and 3rd party applications (e.g. MS Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe reader, etc.).
- Provide troubleshooting for software, installation of software.
- Troubleshoot networking issues – LAN and Wireless
- Troubleshoot remote access – VDI, VPN, Remote Desktop
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience; or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PC software and networking: classes and/or experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows 7 and 10 desktop operating systems.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Office 365 Pro Plus suite.
- Ability to support Apple iPhones
- Experience with Service Now or other trouble ticketing tools
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects.
- Ability to perform computer functions with little or no direct supervision.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Solutions Desk Specialist II (666368)
Job ID: 666368
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time