Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Business Process Analyst (664597) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal Business Process Analyst
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate/prioritize ITS projects and maintenance requests for developers.
- Support Agile Product Data Management (PDM), IFS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Velocity Manufacturing Execution System (MES) enterprise applications used to enable program execution activities in multiple environments including classified areas.
- Troubleshoot technical issues associated with these systems and supporting applications.
- Responsible for working with internal users of these applications to understand functionality needs, configure system to provide requested functionality and provide second level user support as needed.
- Develop initial training materials for new functionality and conduct "Train the Trainer" training sessions.
- Support the creation of installation guides and creation of supporting release notes defining the updates for a specific release.
- Support new ITS projects to develop new capabilities that involve these applications, work closely with ITS software developers to design/develop new enhancements and interfaces, configure data access controls etc.
- Provide Project Management for internal IT projects responsible for defining scope, cost and schedule and managing execution activities to successfully new capabilities. Coordinate with the business to manage/prioritize tool enhancement request backlog.
- Support the installation of new instances of these applications inside classified areas.
- Support material requirements planning (MRP) activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 15 or more years related experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Customer service orientation, excellent communication and listening skills, organizational skills, ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, be self-motivated, detail oriented etc.
- Experience using Agile (PDM), IFS (ERP) and Velocity (MES) or related systems is a plus.
- Business processes experience and compliance requirements knowledge associated with executing government contracts for space based and/or DOD programs.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Business Process Analyst (664597)
Job ID: 664597
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time