Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace MIS Business Process Analyst I (666303) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
MIS Business Process Analyst I
The Management Information Systems Business Process Analyst I position provides daily support for Financial Systems and other Business Applications within the ITS Enterprise Applications - Business Services Domain. The position requires an individual who can serve as an analytical conduit between the business user community and IT technical staff, using detailed knowledge from both realms to design and implement technical solutions. The Business Process Analyst II remains current with industry software capabilities and the extent to which internal business processes are performed via system solutions (application software, data stores, operational processing, and reporting methods).
The Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. (BATC) Information Technology Services environment is dynamic and requires a person who is comfortable operating at a fast pace, is detail-oriented, and who drives for results and executional excellence.
What You'll Do
- Provide day to day support for multiple financial business systems, primarily focused on Deltek Costpoint (knowledge of Automic software not required, but would be considered a plus.)
- Work with business area users and technology experts to incrementally improve business processes and associated system implementations, including: functional requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, training, and documentation.
- Guide and maintain the setup of business software configurations as required.
- Perform complex data analysis and deliver data queries per internal business requests and to provide audit support.
- Provide cyclical support for weekly, monthly and yearly business system processes and operations.
- Troubleshoot data issues within integrated software packages and internally developed software.
- Act as vendor interface.
- Work with ITS infrastructure support personnel as well as software vendors to resolve problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Extended experience in government / aerospace accounting is highly desirable.
- Proven experience supporting business software systems, especially ERP financial systems (Costpoint by Deltek preferred).
- Strong SQL skills writing database queries, developing reports, and ad hoc troubleshooting (PLSQL is desirable but not required).
- General experience with report writing tools (SSRS and Business Objects preferred).
- Ability to translate business processes into recommended best uses of software functionality.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to question / listen to user concerns and develop solutions using our enterprise systems to meet user needs.
- Willingness to learn.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: MIS Business Process Analyst I (666303)
Job ID: 666303
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time