Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager - Government Accounting (665538) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Manager – Government Accounting
What You’ll Do
- Recognized as a critical company advisor with responsibility for interfacing with internal and external customer and industry experts.
- Supervise, guide, and develop junior-level analysts.
- Business advisor to the department managers or to other business areas/departments to ensure proper charging and accumulation of costs.
- Lead preparation and submission of annual incurred cost claim for Corporate expenses in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to the annual incurred cost claim negotiations including regulatory analysis and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) fact finding.
- Provide independent support of Government audits on all Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) issues, DFARS Business systems audits, post award audits, and operations audits.
- Understand department requirements and document cost, contractual information, and accounting information to defend incurred cost claims against audit findings.
- Conduct financial presentations for internal and external customers and ensure incurred cost information is accurately presented in annual incurred cost claims.
- Resolve Disclosure Statement problems with government representatives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with DCMA and DCAA.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to learn software tools and Ball Aerospace records systems for production of reports, analysis, and presentations.
- Proficient knowledge in Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) cost principles.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and encourage a strong team environment.
- Experience dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Manager - Government Accounting (665538)
Job ID: 665538
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time