Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Database Administrator I (666076) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Database Administrator I
What You’ll Do
- Actively participate on and contribute to IT operations and maintenance teams to ensure stable and efficient SQL database performance.
- Participate on and contribute to IT project teams to plan and execute on tasks related to the requirements, installation, and operation of the SQL database platform as they result to overall IT project implementation.
- Promote proactive collaboration with project team members to solve problems effectively and constructively. Also work collaboratively and positively with other ITS organization to move projects from the TEST to the PRODUCTION environment.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork and a positive attitude towards teammates and other colleagues.
- Install and upgrade new releases of SQL DBMS software.
- Perform routine activities, such as adding, modifying and deleting user accounts and profiles/permissions.
- Maintain primary backups for all SQL databases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related problems.
- Define and maintain databases, views, tables, attributes, indices and stored procedures.
- Implement project plans, maintain documentation records, and review installation guides as appropriate.
- Adhere to established department processes and procedures and assist teammates in ensuring successful deployments to production.
- Refresh test databases from production as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to achieve the desired outcome in a positive and constructive manner.
- Basic skills in SQL Server (preferably 2008 and 2016 versions) in a Windows Server environment.
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system, including an understanding of RDP, file systems, SQL integration with Active Directory, and Kerberos authentication.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute in a team environment.
- SQL Server DBMS; Oracle DBMS experience is desirable.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell).
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Database Administrator I (666076)
Job ID: 666076
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time