Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Business Process Analyst I (666388) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Business Process Analyst I
What you’ll do:
- Support IFS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) enterprise application used to enable program execution activities in multiple environments including classified areas. Troubleshoot technical issues associated with this system and supporting applications.
- Work very closely with internal users for support and troubleshooting; understanding their functionality needs, configuring system to provide requested functionality and provide second level user support as needed.
- Assist with coordination with the business to manage/prioritize tool enhancement request backlog Support the installation of new instances of these applications inside classified areas.
- Creates and maintains all IFS user access, security and profiles.
- Solid experience with Oracle database administration, specifically large data sets.
- Develop initial training materials for new functionality and conduct "Train the Trainer" training sessions.
- Support the creation of installation guides and creation of supporting release notes defining the updates for a specific release.
- Work closely with technical teams for design and implementation of integration processes for 3rd party applications.
- Responsibilities include using SQL, PL/SQL and SQL SVR to create customizations to tables, events and reports within IFS to support data flow and business process. Also oversees IFS development, reporting, maintenance and administration (IFS & Oracle).
- Support material requirements planning (MRP) activities.
- Support new ITS projects to develop new capabilities that involve these applications, work closely with ITS software developers to design/develop new enhancements and interfaces, configure data access controls etc.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Customer service orientation, excellent communication and listening skills, organizational skills, ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, be self-motivated, detail oriented etc.
- Experience working with IFS (ERP), strong understanding of IFS manufacturing modules.
- Experience using and working with Velocity (MES) or related systems is a plus.
- Other skills include: Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Application Programming Interfaces (API’s), configurations, writing custom Quick Reports (IFS reporting), and Business Intelligence/EDI configurations. Development of IFS custom application event handling.
- Business processes experience and compliance requirements knowledge associated with executing government contracts for space based and/or DOD programs.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Business Process Analyst I (666388)
Job ID: 666388
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time