Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Administrative Associate III - Travel Accounting (665993) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Administrative Associate III - Travel Accounting
What You´ll Do
- Timely and accurate processing of travel expense reports in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and relevant policies.
- Audit and processing activities include (but not limited to) the review of supporting documents such as receipts, extended travel agreements, account coding and ensuring the segregation of unallowable costs.
- Audit and approve unallowable costs for applicable purchase order payments.
- Run interface between Costpoint and Deltek Expensse, match check recaps with expense reports, mail checks, file expense reports, sort and distribute mail.
- Communicate problems and questions as appropriate with travelers, travel agency, rental car agency and other internal and external staff.
- Research discrepancies in airfares, airfare exchanges, car rental rates and other travel costs.
- Process bank payments and other miscellaneous travel vendors.
- Provide backup other travel auditors and staff.
- Support travel audits conducted by internal and external auditors, assist with account reconciliation’s and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Associate’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Accounting skills for reconciliations, accruals and daily data analyses with a strong competence in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Must be attentive to department’s needs, have follow-through, be a self-starter and detail-oriented.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Administrative Associate III - Travel Accounting (665993)
Job ID: 665993
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time