Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Supervisor, Plant Quality Assurance in Kent, Washington
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Supervises the plant quality function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- The plant quality assurance supervisor, if designated is to be trained and certified in the food safety system and oversees its development, implementation, review and maintenance. Provides for trained backups in the case of absence of key food safety system employees.
- Supervises the plant quality assurance function as directed.
- Facilitates a "quality conscious and pride in quality" attitude within the department.
- Facilitates the installation and maintenance of established quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains a gauge and inspection equipment control system to provide and calibrate gauges and instruments as required. This includes the initiating of requisitions to ensure compliance with group standards.
- Maintains inspection reports and quality complaints to determine defect trends in materials and products, and initiates corrective action if necessary through appropriate line or staff heads.
- Maintains reports as necessary, evaluating the quality of designated products, in conformance with established quality assurance procedures.
- Schedules, or assists in scheduling, inspection personnel to specific assignments to ensure the most effective utilization of manpower.
- Facilitates quality assurance training and development programs.
- Supervises or assists in the inspection or testing of various materials and products to determine compliance with specifications.
- May train employees on SPC interpretation.
- Serves as coordinator for Infinity SPC system. Maintains hardware and troubleshoots software issues, if applicable.
- May work with in-house ink representative to develop approved colors for new and existing labels.
- May facilitate the administration of an effective graphics system.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); or scheduled 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday. Working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Maintains awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager
- (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: product specifications and customer needs and expectations, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant quality assurance techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball
- Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- 25% travel
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Must be able to match colors
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Supervisor, Plant Quality Assurance
Job ID: 665070
Location: WA - Kent
Full/Part Time: Full-Time