Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Inside Spray Operator in Kent, Washington
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. Ball is dedicated to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Ball Corporation is committed to recruiting, training, compensating and promoting regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Tend neckers, flangers and testers. Performs assigned routine tests, checks, gauge and instrument inspections.
Tends spray machines and ovens and observes application of spray.
- Start and stop equipment-to control operations.
- Maintain proper level of wax solution in lubricator.
- Drain filters on equipment.
- Gather and record data on cans rejected by testers.
- Prepare solvent and wax solution. Keep adequate supply on hand.
- Remove jams and rejected cans from equipment. Sort rejected cans, discarding defective cans and feeding quality cans back into line.
- Starts and stops spray machines and related track-work as required to control operations.
- Makes visual inspection for defects as cans enter the spray machines.
- Checks cans for spray application, uses enamel rater to measure metal exposure and logs.
- Checks spray gauge pressures and heater temperatures to ensure proper operation.
- Feeds good cans back into line where spoilage occurs.
- Turns dial to regular film weights
- Checks that proper amount of lacquer is in drums and places drums in proper position for spray machines.
- Uses solvents and applies grease when necessary to keep all equipment clean of lacquer so that spray machines operate properly.
- Informs production machinist, leadman and/or supervision of all defects noticed in the spray operation.
- Cleans and replaces nozzles, lubricates equipment and pump.
- Observes the proper operation of the inside bake oven.
- Cleans equipment and work area.
- Removes and replaces necker tooling.
- Observes approved safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Inside Spray Operator
Job ID: 666301
Location: WA - Kent
Full/Part Time: Full-Time