Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Plant Equipment Tender (1st 520 hrs) in Kapolei, Hawaii
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Operates forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Unloads, receives, inspects, and stages raw materials, scrap, packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
- Removes finished products from the production areas ensuring proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
- Reviews warehouse production planning schedule to determine duties for shipping and receiving.
- Ensures finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
- Stages and loads finished goods and materials in accordance with warehouse and production planning schedule.
- Coordinates all processed scrap materials at bins and hoppers. Bands and stores materials. Loads trucks as necessary.
- Conducts inspection of and routine preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Conducts inspection of materials used for packaging and inspects trailers and air bags.
- Communicates to management any machine malfunctions.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs duties as required to insure compliance with the plant's quality standards.
- Stages and maintains packaging materials and follows correct packaging/banding procedures.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Performs clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 8-hour shifts (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in these essential functions and responsibilities and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e. inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: forklift maintenance and operation; rules and regulations for handling batteries or LP gas tanks; knowledge of nomenclature of assigned equipment.
- Ability to learn to identify product defects.
- Ability to pass an approved forklift test.
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality. Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Plant Equipment Tender (1st 520 hrs)
Job ID: 665827
Location: HI - Kapolei
Full/Part Time: Full-Time