Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Line Technician in Kapolei, Hawaii
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves and/or dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- Inspect job site and equipment to be dismantled, erected or moved; analyzes blueprints and schematics; estimates weight of loads to be handled, lifted, clearances and recommends support equipment needed.
- Selects and transports tools, machinery, materials needed for assignment.
- Fabricates sheet metal and structural units as needed: guarding, steps, stairs, conveyors, elevators, and platforms, sets in place.
- Performs preventative maintenance for building and grounds as necessary.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Assist production as needed with operations.
- Accepts and rejects parts for the department; recommends qualities, dimensions, and the priorities and disposition of parts; repairs and installs equipment as necessary.
- Performs maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Receives instructions, prints and work orders. Makes drawings or sketches of parts to be made or repaired.
- Performs layout work as required.
- Performs dismantling, fitting or assembly work required for maintenance or production equipment.
- Repairs and maintains all assigned machines and equipment.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 8-hour shifts (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in these essential functions and responsibilities.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e. inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to learn to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Possesses an interest and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to operate forklift or aerolift, if required.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality. Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Line Technician
Job ID: 665497
Location: HI - Kapolei
Full/Part Time: Full-Time