Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Junior Simulator Operator - (663569) in Indian Springs, Nevada
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Junior Simulator Operator
What You’ll Do:
- Provide LO ISR mission planner support to various units located at Creech AFB, NV.
- Create, modify, and manage Global Positioning System (GPS) mapping tiles and targets for virtual landscaping and sensor targeting requirements.
- Create and modify simulation scenarios using Extended Air Defense Simulator (EADSIM), or current simulation tools, to provide high-fidelity training for RQ-170 crews.
- Operate and manage simulators for training and test purposes. Duties will include providing white force and external injects to scenarios
- Maintain proficiency with mission planning process and manage simulator mission plans and scenarios
- Support mission planners with Order of Battle information from the simulation scenarios and assist with the building of mission plans, as required.
- Liaise with the System Program Office (SPO), staff, other DoD organizations, and mission planning experts to remain current on LO ISR system capabilities, developments and initiatives in order to best advise unit leadership, tacticians, test directors, program managers and mission planners on policies, positions, plans and execution.
- Advise and recommend options to manage and improve LO ISR mission planning processes and procedures, efficiency and effectiveness, equipment capabilities and training requirements at each post- mission debrief.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to unit-led LO ISR related exercises, tests, experimentation and table top events contributing to the sustainment and modernization of LO ISR assets and associated infrastructure.
- Provide advisory expertise in the overall development, planning, establishment, and implementation of a LO ISR mission planning training program.
- Provide SME support to provide input and changes to mission qualification, continuation training, and FTU course syllabi.
- Provide support to program management reviews, human machine interface, mission planning and other working groups, conferences.
- Assists with monitoring the state of health of Program Security and make suggestions for improvements as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A minimum of four and a half years of experience flight mission planning and utilizing mission planning systems for military weapon systems within the last two years is preferred.
- Experience with LO mission planning is desirable.
- Possess four and a half years of experience with Air Defense Systems, Electronic War-fare and other national, international and theater-level threat system capabilities, developments and initiatives as they pertain to mission planning is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop highly desirable but not required
- Work is performed in-plant or at the customer site.
- Travel may be required, including foreign travel.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Junior Simulator Operator - (663569)
Job ID: 663569
Location: NV - Indian Springs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time