Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Scheduler, Plant Planning Logistics in Goodyear, Arizona
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides technical support for the plant production control function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Coordinates the preparation of daily and monthly production reports, spoilage, and sales data for plant distribution and group office use.
- Schedules production of necessary metal products to fulfill customer requirements while maintaining proper inventory levels and shipping schedules.
- Coordinates product physical inventory and reconciliation in-plant and at customer and remote warehouse locations.
- Assures customer product requirements, product availability, and shipments.
- Schedules raw material for use in production and coordinates with the group office the shipment of metal for in-plant inventories.
- May verify the accuracy of warehousing invoices.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards, and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, customer needs and requirements, production control principles and practices, and company manufacturing products, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production control techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Scheduler, Plant Planning Logistics
Job ID: 665796
Location: AZ - Goodyear
Full/Part Time: Full-Time