Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Supervisor, Plant Warehouse in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supverises the plant warehouse function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating routine safety meetings, performing routine safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the safety culture efforts, food safety system and lean practices. Proactively perform risk assessments and hazard identifications.
- Provides leadership and supervision to the plant warehouse function as directed. Supports all root-cause analysis investigations. Monitors and ensures the accuracy of all warehouse hourly labor timekeeping, data entry, including overtime schedules, if applicable.
- Maintains direct support to all departments in the plant via material handling.
- Facilitates the transportation of inbound and outbound shipments of products and materials including finished product and scrap including yard management if applicable.
- Reviews, completes, and ensures the accuracy of warehouse related documents and shipments. Maintains and reports inventory accuracy, aging, HFI, status of finished goods, as well as packaging, dunnage, and raw materials of the plant and external warehouse.
- Ensures that all forklifts and warehouse equipment are properly maintained.
- Facilitates training for subordinates, including administering forklift training and orientation to regular and contingent personnel, as required.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the plant warehouse, external warehouses and related areas including yard management if applicable.
- Communicates with customers, outside warehouses and freight carriers to respond to customer orders, requests for information, quality or delivery issues, operational audits, regular engagement meetings, manage obsolete/slow-moving FG mgmt., provide guidance on JDE system set-up or issues and storage of finished goods. Includes ownership of Transportation Management System.
- May provide backup for positions that may include production control, graphics and/or order fulfillment.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all manuals, policies, procedures, and work instructions for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, customer needs and requirements, warehousing principles and practices, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant warehousing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Standard Competencies and Responsibilities
- 5-20%% travel depending on external warehouse support
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Supervisor, Plant Warehouse
Job ID: 664784
Location: WI - Fort Atkinson
Full/Part Time: Full-Time