Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Material Handler in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
The Ball metal beverage packaging facility in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, was originally built by Anheuser-Busch, Inc., in 1989 to supply aluminum beverage cans to carbonated soft drink customers in the upper Midwest. The plant was acquired by Ball Corporation in 2009 and has expanded its customer base to include a variety of beverages and brands. The plant can produce more than 3 billion infinitely recyclable beverage cans each year and employs more than 145 talented and engaged team members. Fort Atkinson is located in south central Wisconsin and is within easy driving distance of Madison and Milwaukee.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Required to work assigned 12.25 hour 3 day on, 3 day off rotating shift, rotating days and nights every 9 weeks. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Operates forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Unloads, receives, inspects, and stages raw materials, scrap, packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
- Removes finished products from the production areas ensuring proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
- Reviews warehouse production planning schedule to determine duties for shipping and receiving.
- Ensures finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
- Stages and loads finished goods and materials in accordance with warehouse and production planning schedule.
- Coordinates all processed scrap materials at bins and hoppers. Bands and stores materials. Loads trucks as necessary.
- Conducts inspection of and routine preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Conducts inspection of materials used for packaging and inspects trailers and air bags.
- Communicates to management any machine malfunctions.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot finished cans.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job-related experience for 1 year minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: forklift maintenance and operation; rules and regulations for handling batteries or LP gas tanks; nomenclature of assigned equipment.
- Ability to pass an approved forklift test.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- Works in confined area(s).
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Material Handler
Job ID: 663050
Location: WI - Fort Atkinson
Full/Part Time: Full-Time