Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace General Plant Production Supervisor in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervises the plant production function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with Ball Packaging Operations process and quality standards.
- Serves as the facilitator (in charge) of the plant during designated period(s) of time as directed by management.
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant production function as directed.
- Provides for and reviews the performance and personal development of all subordinates on an individual basis.
- Arranges for on-the-job training and development of subordinates' skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
- Provides production, spoilage, and maintenance records and maintains subordinates' attendance, evaluation and other appropriate records.
- Schedules subordinates' vacations, overtime, holidays, and job assignments.
- Provides communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Maintain positive relations with local bargaining unit ensuring a high level of productivity, if applicable.
- May be responsible for D&I; department storeroom function, including housekeeping and equipment maintenance.
- May administer D&I; department PM program.
- Broad experience in the technical field usually acquired through working in the can or end making process.
- College degree preferred.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, product specifications and mechanics of equipment, Ball Packaging Operations quality standards, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- Required to work assigned 13 hour 3 day on, 3 day off rotating shift, rotating days and nights every 9 weeks. Incumbent must be able to work extra hours on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Requires short-term and long-term domestic and international travel. (5% travel)
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: General Plant Production Supervisor
Job ID: 664578
Location: WI - Fort Atkinson
Full/Part Time: Full-Time