Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Supervisor, Plant Maintenance in Findlay, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Supervises the assigned plant maintenance function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant maintenance function as directed.
- Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
- Resolves technical problems encountered related to area of responsibility.
- Provides and plans technical training.
- Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Provides daily logs including daily scheduled and nonscheduled work sheets and equipment PMs.
- Stays current in new technologies and applies them as applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Maintain positive relations with local bargaining unit ensuring a high level of productivity (if applicable).
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference, or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: product specifications and technology of equipment and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard machine shop, electrical shop, maintenance shop, chemical process, and tooling inspection techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/buildings maintenance.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic, geometric, and algebraic calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Supervisor, Plant Maintenance
Job ID: 664776
Location: OH - Findlay
Full/Part Time: Full-Time