Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, Plant Production Control in Findlay, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Manages the plant Production Control & Integrated Business Planning functions as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating daily/weekly/monthly safety meetings, performing safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Provides management and administration of the plant Production Control and Integrated Business Planning functions as directed.
- Works with Central Planning to schedule production of products (cans and ends) to fulfill customer requirements, meet shipping schedules and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Manages the plant warehouse functions, and related operations and personnel, to accommodate storage and shipment of raw materials and finished goods.
- Manages assigned external warehouses, including supplier management. Coordinates with central Logistics, Quality, and Sourcing to resolve issues.
- Provides forecast input for raw materials (i.e. metal, coatings, etc) to Sourcing.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy of finished goods.
- Supervises the receipt, storage, and control of raw material for use in production.
- Coordinates with Order Fulfillment to resolve supply issues that are impacting customer deliveries
- Coordinates resolution of transportation and logistics issues impacting customer deliveries
- Manage production planning related to specific customer segments that require special administrative handling (ie Cash in Advance). Works with other Ball entities, as required (completed by scheduler where applicable).
- Supporting quality department on investigating on HFI, OSM, sort, and embargo as needed.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all manuals, policies, procedures and work instructions for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Managerial/Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Clerical Support Staff (non-exempt)
- Production Staff (hourly)
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through 0 high school; 1 college or 0 graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: business principles, legal practices, customer needs and expectations, production control practices and principles, and generally accepted managerial practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production control techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to negotiate with customers/contractors to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- 10% travel
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager, Plant Production Control
Job ID: 664506
Location: OH - Findlay
Full/Part Time: Full-Time