Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Training Research Software Engineer - (665042) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Engineer II - Training Research Software Engineer
Job Duties (What You’ll Do):
- This position will perform C4ISR training system software development for the Air Force Research Laboratory. You’ll work on a joint Government-Contractor team, developing training systems software that enables training research.
- Major responsibilities include:
- Work with users and researchers to defined requirements.
- Design and develop C4ISR training research software.
- Support software evaluation, and resolve problems found during evaluation.
- Support system prototype demonstrations and live, virtual and constructive (LVC) training events.
- Document at the project- and software-level
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the company and amongst the Government-Contractor team. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science preferred.
- Successful applicant must have an active security clearance.
- Training systems development and/or operations experience a plus
- Experience in C++, C# and/or web development (HTML/CSS)
- Experience developing GUIs and/or web front ends
- Experience with the Windows and Virtual Machines development
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology
- Proficiency with configuration management processes and tools such as Git or GitLab
- Very good to have:
- Experience with C4ISR training or operations
- Experience with related software development tools
- Experience in client-server architectures and cloud environments
- Current Secret or higher DoD clearance
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball and AFRL job site required. Travel to other work locations is possible.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Training Research Software Engineer - (665042)
Job ID: 665042
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time