Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Talent Acquisition Specialist I (666026) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Systems Engineering Solutions (SES) provides engineering services and solutions for the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, and Civil entities in the areas of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT), measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), human effectiveness research, directed energy threat analysis, electronic warfare modeling and simulation, quick reaction technology assessments, space situational awareness, space systems mechanical and systems engineering, knowledge management and decision support, program management, and advisory and assistance services (A&AS;).
Talent Acquisition Specialist I
Support full life-cycle recruitment responsibilities to include sourcing candidates, posting jobs, interviewing and working employment offers.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical recruiting assistance to the Talent Acquisition Department with responsibility for exempt and non-exempt personnel requirements. Requirements include jobs in a variety of disciplines.
- Effectively interface with Ball Aerospace management and employees; communicate and interpret established policies, procedures, practices, programs and laws.
- Partner with hiring managers to define job requirements, source qualified candidates, and fill staffing requirements in a timely manner.
- Utilize a variety of sourcing strategies to pipeline a diverse pool of candidates for each job opportunity, including a variety of electronic media and social networking.
- Represent Ball at local and national career fairs including college, military, diversity and clearance events.
- Effectively utilize the hiring processes, understand behavioral-based interviewing, ensuring appropriate audit trail.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.DoD experience preferred.
- Prior recruiting experience within a technical organization.
- Experience recruiting in the DoD sector is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A sense of urgency to fill the job positions with the qualified candidates.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Business acumen and quality decision making.
- Good computer skills and experience utilizing a resume database.
- Strong sourcing skills needed to develop a broad, diverse pool of qualified candidates for a variety of positions.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to document processes and develop checklists of processes.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist I (666026)
Job ID: 666026
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time