Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Engineer II (664813) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
*Software System Engineer *
What you’ll do:
- Oversee, coordinate, and lead technical activities required to design, develop, and maintain military software systems capabilities.
- Manage system requirements and interfaces.
- Support hardware specification and procurement.
- Lead hardware and software design for bug fixes.
- Support troubleshooting operational issues.
- Lead system deployment activities, and update and oversee the system documentation.
- Interface with the software engineering team, business management team, customers, and operators, typically within teams executing Agile software development.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 years or more years related experience is required. MS is a plus.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects
- Demonstrated understanding of the system engineering life cycle
- Demonstrated understanding of the software life cycle
- Familiarity with Waterfall software processes
- Experience with Agile software development process
- Software Development Experience
- Software Architecture Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading a technical team
- A TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Experience with software development in commercial clouds
- Experience with software cloud architecture
- Amazon Web Services Certifications
- Experience with critical path analysis of software systems
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and RT development
- Experience with high-availability computing and high-availability frameworks
- Experience with estimating and provisioning cloud resources
- Training or experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering tools
- Training or experience with DoDAF 2.0
- Signal processing experience, education, or background
- Spacecraft or Aircraft Avionics software experience
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Systems Engineer II (664813)
Job ID: 664813
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time