Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Administrator II - (664969) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Systems Administrator II – (664969)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform the full spectrum of systems engineering activities including Concept of Operations development, requirements definition and analysis, system analysis and design, system integration, test planning and execution, and overall program execution under the direction of the Chief Engineer.
- As part of an engineering team, execute midsize engineering projects, studies, tests, and analyses. Interface with Air Force customers to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Develop and integrate training systems solutions supporting the Air Force customer desired research goals. Emphasis of systems development includes military Command and Control, Unmanned Aerial and Terminal Attack Control systems and their interfaces in distributed systems environment.
- Plan and participate in lab and deployed systems development, integration, test and experimentation.
- Prepare documentation such as system specifications, interface control documents, system engineering plans, certification and accreditation documents, system and test plans and reports, operating instructions, and technical manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+years of related experience in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, or systems engineering preferred).
- Experience with C and Object Oriented (C++ or JAVA) development.
- Knowledge and experience with DODAF and system architecting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Knowledge and experience with military distributed training systems.
- Experience in systems engineering supporting training systems development, integration, and test.
- Experience in Certification and Accreditation of DoD computer networks and systems.
- Comp Tia Security + certification
- Basic proficiency with computer network setup and administration.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Systems Administrator II - (664969)
Job ID: 664969
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time