Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Administrator II (664868) - Security Clearance Required in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Systems Administrator II
We are seeking a Systems Administrator II with Microsoft Windows experience and strong troubleshooting skills. In this role, the systems administrator will work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The Administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure and services achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
*What You'll Do *
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, maintaining, and resolving issues with services and systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows and Linux instances and networking on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, application of security controls (including STIGs) and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need *
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Must hold DoD approved 8570 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CASP CE, CISSP, etc.)
- Expertise in planning, configuring, maintaining, patching and monitoring in a Microsoft Windows server environment running Windows Server versions 2008/2012/2016.
- Expertise in:
- Intel-based server class and desktop hardware.
- VMware virtualization products (Horizon View, vSphere 5.x/6.x/ESXi, vCenter, Operations Manager, NSX).
- Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012, including domain administration, creating, testing, and implementing group policies, and maintaining user and computer objects.
- Troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related network connectivity issues.
- Experience with 10 x64 Enterprise OS imaging, installation, and support.
- Experience with COMSEC equipment and Cisco networking equipment a plus.
- Experience with engineering applications such as MATLAB, SolidWorks, ANSYS simulation software, National Instruments, I-DEAS, IBM Rational DOORS.
- Must have strong problem solving, documentation and organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters is desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Systems Administrator II (664868) - Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 664868
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time