Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace System Engineer - Aerospace Software Simulation - (664318) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
System Engineeer - Aerospace Software Simulation
Ball Aerospace has openings for Systems Engineers to create software models of complex systems using model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools, such as MagicDraw and Rhapsody. The customer is developing next-generation of airborne and space-based system architectures, including hardware and software components.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and modeling and analyses for complete systems
- Apply systems engineering techniques to individual hardware subsystems, software services, and entire airborne and spaceborne systems
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications including the use of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches and tools
- Explore and develop new missions, operational concepts (CONOPs), mission threads, and architectures to solve challenging defense problems
- Develop and present training for new systems and capabilities being deployed
- Ensure research and development (R&D;) efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of MBSE software tools, SySML, and DoDAF views.
- Experience with acquisition life cycle and requirements processes
- Effective customer engagement, interpersonal communications, writing, and briefing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
- Desired C++ and/or Java programming experience
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: System Engineer - Aerospace Software Simulation - (664318)
Job ID: 664318
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time