Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Software Engineer, Engineer I – (666059) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer I – (666059)
Join a team of skilled engineers and human factors researchers conducting leading edge research and development for the US Air Force. You will work alongside Ball Aerospace and US Air Force team members working to optimize human-machine performance in the next generation of Air Force systems.
In a small team setting, you will support the research and development effort by developing and integrating desktop and mobile applications designed for a variety of Air Force missions. These systems will incorporate innovative approaches including 3D spatial audio, dynamic visual workflows, graphical displays to enhance situation awareness, and audio recording and tagging.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a dynamic small team environment to develop and maintain a variety of software to support human-system performance research
- Execute full lifecycle software development including software requirements, design, development, test and evaluation, verification and validation, and maintenance
- Work closely with human performance researchers, domain subject matter experts, and interface designers to understand requirements and identify best-suited software approaches
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships within Ball Aerospace and with our customers and teammates to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field plus 2 years’ experience
- Demonstrated software experience in front end user interface and /or backend data manipulation software stacks and database development
- Experience with the Microsoft Office API is a plus.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office and laboratory setting
- Travel to non-Ball facilities and local commute between Ball and customer facilities may be required
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Software Engineer, Engineer I – (666059)
Job ID: 666059
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time