Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Manager I in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Project Manager I – (665832)
What You'll Do:
- As project may be part of a larger program, synchronization of the project with the overall program is essential.
- Act as liaison between program management, project team, functional management, and the customer.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of projects: cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and control the project team.
- Develop, manage, document, and communicate project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate status reports.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to project operations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Plan and execute all project closing activities: contract closure, compilation of lessons learned, and archiving of business artifacts.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self -starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
Additional Experience to Include:
- Strong background in software development projects with emphasis on customer interaction, team building, and project control
- Thorough understanding of project management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development and communications.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Manager I
Job ID: 665832
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time