Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Lead (662715) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Infrastructure Functional Manager
The successful candidate for this position is a self-motivated, quick learner with a broad range of technical and management experience. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a team of System Admin, Infrastructure Engineers, and System Architects in the Systems and Software Development Group (SSDG).
What You’ll Do:
- Manage personnel actions (hiring, evaluations, promotions).
- Support proposal and opportunity capture activities.
- Manage talent assignments for programs.
- Technical duties include specification, design, implementation, and sustainment of a large, complex data processing infrastructure.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Desired technical abilities include Windows and Linux server administration, storage, networking, and virtualization.
- Preferred specific capabilities and experience include:
- Storage - familiarity with NetApp; Pure is a plus
- Windows - 2012R2 server administration including group policy changes
- Linux - confident system administration skills including auditing, SAN-attached storage and Redhat package management
- Networking - Comfortable with host level networking; Cisco experience is a plus
- Virtualization - Vmware ESX; VCenter experience is a plus
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Lead (662715)
Job ID: 662715
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time