Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Engineer - Aerospace Software Simulation - (665470) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Principal Engineer – Aerospace Software Simulation (665470)
What You’ll Do:
- This position will provide technical project management and software development support for projects at Ball Aerospace. You’ll work in a collaborative team, developing software for DoD aircraft training simulation.
- Major responsibilities include:
- Technically manage the progress of a collaborative software team.
- Software design and development for aircraft simulation and training.
- Work with managers and customers to establish detailed requirements.
- Design and implement prototype software meeting those requirements.
- Support software evaluation, and resolve problems found during evaluation.
- Support integration and demonstration of the software.
- Assist in preparing and conducting demonstrations to end users, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical plans and document software
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Successful applicant must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Experience managing small technical teams working in multi-organization software development
- Experience in C/C++, Ada, OFP software
- Experience with the Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Very good to have:
- Experience with training and simulation
- Experience with the Air Force EAAGLES simulation software
- Experience with Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A;) tools/processes
- Experience with S/W development configuration tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the AFLCMC SIMAF
- Current Secret or higher DoD clearance
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Aerospace Software Simulation - (665470)
Job ID: 665470
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time