Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Junior SW Developer--Wearable Technologies (664920) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer, Engineer Associate – (664920)
Join a fast-paced team of engineers creating cutting edge software products for the US Air Force. You will work alongside Ball Aerospace and US Air Force developers and engineers to provide technologies that increase the capabilities of our nation’s military. Our team’s goal is to create user driven applications that optimize human-machine performance in the next generation of Air Force systems. We accomplish this by exploiting state of the art hardware and software practices while maintaining a tight feedback loop with the Special Forces personnel we support. Our unique customers give you the opportunity for interesting and meaningful work. Our technologies have been used DOD wide as well as by civilian government and commercial organizations.
Our small team allows us to be quick and efficient while giving you the chance to grow as a full stack developer. This also gives you the ability to be involved in the entire development process; conceiving solutions, designing user interfaces, implementing architectures, programming applications and testing code. There is a significant opportunity for you to develop novel solutions to problems; many of our team members own design and software patents. We encourage our team to be constant learners; staying current on industry best practices, and thinking outside the box.
What you’ll do:
- Develop custom software solutions to support wearable technologies including Android devices, a wide variety of miniaturized sensors, communications gear, and devices to enhance operator safety and performance in the field or in training.
- Participate in an Agile software development processes
- Interface with Air Force researchers and operational personnel to understand requirements
- Identify, integrate, and evaluate optimal hardware and software solutions to meet development objectives
- Execute full lifecycle software development including software requirements, design, development, test and evaluation, verification and validation, and maintenance
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships within Ball Aerospace and with our customers and teammates in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required
- Experience with mobile application development, primarily Android.
- Experience with network communication protocols.
- Experience maintaining configuration management system for code base.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Junior SW Developer--Wearable Technologies (664920)
Job ID: 664920
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time