Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Intelligence Analyst II (664800) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Intelligence Analyst II
Perform analysis on commercial available sensor, imagery and video data, as well as open source information, to solve business intelligence problems supporting commercial (non-government) customers. Analysis is completed in the areas of Intelligence Planning, Collection, Processing, Analysis, and Production.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct source intelligence research and analysis to support projects and operations for commercial customers.
- Analyze commercial sensor data (full motion video, imagery, non-imagery) to solve commercial business intelligence problems using both near real time and forensics techniques.
- Analyze all-source information (traditional media, social media, public data, literature) to produce intelligence products and make intelligence assessments in accordance with defined requirements.
- Research current and emerging business trends, recognize links and relationships between entities.
- Update and maintain information databases.
- Contribute to the completion of tasks related to Planning, Collection, Processing, Analysis and Production, Dissemination, and Application.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to conduct ad-hoc analysis and assessments.
- May require extended work weeks, travel, including foreign travel.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 or more years of intelligence analyst experience is required.
- Experience performing commercial or government intelligence analysis. Experience with relevant commercial or government intelligence software applications (i.e.: FMV, Geospatial, Imagery).
- Experience with social media and other open source information sources.
- An Advanced Technical Intelligence Certificate (ATIC) can be substituted for one year of experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in-plant or at the customer site.
- Travel may be required, including foreign travel.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Intelligence Analyst II (664800)
Job ID: 664800
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time