Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineering Aide II - (665063) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Engineering Aide II
What You’ll Do:
- Review system architectures and software design to identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Document, prioritize, and report discovered vulnerabilities to the Lead Engineer or his designee
- Recommend solutions or alternate approaches where possible
- Keep records of the systems reviewed and the findings for each system
- Maintain a current understanding of emerging threats identify any which are relevant to our system
- Work in an open, collaborative environment
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sci, Engineering, or related
- Coursework in Cyber Security
- Familiarity with Linux, network, and system security practices
- Ability to work well both individually and in a group.
- Strong science and math foundation
- Effective communication skills
- Helpful other skills: Windows, Python, Matlab, SQL;
- General knowledge of: Java, Linux, Docker, Geospatial Information technologies, Open Source, distributed and modern web development.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineering Aide II - (665063)
Job ID: 665063
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Part-Time