Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Database Administrator II (665294) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Database Administrator II - (665294)
What You'll Do:
- Will be responsible for various databases for one or multiple projects
- Databases include but are not limited to: PosGres, Mongo, SqlServer, DynamoDB
- Person will be responsible for Database Administration, backups, and developing scripts to manage the administration tasks
- Additionally, they may be responsible for query and stored procedure development
- Maintain a regular and predictable schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company
- Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
What You'll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related field plus 5 or more years related experience
- Linux and Windows experience
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience communicating with executive management level leaders in large companies
- Customer service experience with international companies
- Willingness to travel internationally, up to 25% time
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Database Administrator II (665294)
Job ID: 665294
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time