Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Contracts Administrator II (665464) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Contracts Administrator II
Serve as a Contract Administrator-I and manage a variety of contracts in the Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of Ball Aerospace.
What You'll Do
- Provide contract administration functions in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- May form and administer contracts.
- Review and interpret contracts, modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain necessary management approvals.
- Recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Participate in contract-negotiating team.
- Participate in change proposals and their negotiations.
- Prepare presentations for program and customer management review.
- Prepare sales and profit accruals.
- Participate in the development of contract systems and procedures.
- Develop and provide required information to Supply Chain and Program Management organizations.
- Prepare and maintain required contract administration documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- May act as official company liaison for and resolve contract matters with customer management.
- Coordinate the work of and assist in the training of other contract administrators.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and computer fluency required.
- A demonstrated background of legal, business, regulatory, and programmatic aspects of federal government prime and subcontract management preferred.
- Experience with major aerospace primes/subs preferred.
- Broad experience in working with customer RFPs to include: terms/conditions, Reps & Certs, negotiation strategies, Price Negotiation Memorandums, and negotiations, including the Truth In Negotiation Act (TINA) preferred.
- Experience with various contract fee arrangements (award and incentive fee contracts), cost reimbursement, fixed price, and T&M; contracts preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Contracts Administrator II (665464)
Job ID: 665464
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time