Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Acoustics Engineer Associate (665769) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebookor Twitter.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Acoustics Engineer (Engineer Associate)
Join a team of skilled engineers and scientists conducting leading edge Battlespace Acoustics research for the US Air Force Research Laboratory. In this full-time position, you will join a multi-disciplinary team working to optimize human-machine performance in the next generation of Air Force systems.
What you’ll do:
- Support a wide range of noise and physical acoustics projects,
- Assist with measurement, evaluation, and advanced research of defense-related noise topics such as aircraft noise, impulsive weaponry, hearing protection, structural acoustics, and communications.
- Engage with US Department of Defense groups on projects that are both immediately relevant to the warfighter and anticipatory of future challenges
- Work with computer scientists and engineers to design data collection, reduction and modeling approaches
- Contribute to scientific technical reports, journal articles, and research proposals
- Establish and maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships within Ball Aerospace and with our customers and teammates to foster a positive and productive work environment
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships within Ball Aerospace, our customer organizations, and teammates to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in Acoustics Engineering or Physics or higher, in Engineering or a related technical field is required
- Experience with acoustic signal processing (Matlab or Python desired)
- Experience in acoustic data collection using National Instruments systems and LabVIEW programming skills,
- Superior skills in written and verbal communication of technical ideas
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance as required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Acoustics Engineer Associate (665769)
Job ID: 665769
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time