Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Plant Human Resources Coordinator in Dandridge, Tennessee
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack produces 100 percent recyclable tinplate food and aerosol containers.
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and develop innovations. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging delivers to our customers and to families. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit todays needs. We recently breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
With the help of our 1,300 talented employees, Ball Metalpack will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Provides administrative support for the plant human resources department as directed.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs in recruiting, selection, and placement of candidates for plant hourly and non-exempt salaried positions.
- Processes and assures that all pre-employment requirements are met such as interviews, physical examination (post-offer), and analysis of application information.
- Handles administrative details associated with recruiting and indoctrination of employees.
- Performs and assists in the establishment and implementation of new employee orientation programs.
- Originates the processing of all forms and documents in regard to hourly, non-exempt, and salaried employment in the plant.
- May be responsible for updating payroll information and tracking vacation.
- Responsible for providing additional support or assistance in other areas such as accounts payable, hearing conversation program, etc., as required.
- Originates and maintains required personnel files and records on a current basis.
- Performs and assists in administering corporate, group, and plant policies and procedures.
- Originates and performs the developing, maintaining, and monitoring of a plant safety program, training materials, library, and visual aids.
- Assists in the development and administration of plant recreation and communication programs, including the editing, typing, and distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Responsible for secretarial duties for the plant, if applicable.
- Originates a variety of reports for group and corporate offices and various government agencies under the direction of management.
- Organizes plant activities.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- May assist in the administration of workers’ compensation claims and maintains related documentation and files.
- May maintain employee uniform program.
- May maintain OSHA 300 log and grievance log activity.
- Coordinates records, data and correspondence with workers’ compensation carrier and company doctor, if applicable.
- May order and maintain supplies for the first aid room.
- Maintains Affirmative Action, including related records and document storage.
- Assists in report writing and internal/external audits, if applicable.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: office/business procedures, H.R. legal practices, customer needs and requirements, H.R. principles and practices, employee relations; English language, including spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation; company manufacturing products, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
- Ability to apply independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard human resources techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- 5% travel
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Metalpack offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Title: Plant Human Resources Coordinator
Job ID: 665286
Location: TN - Dandridge
Full/Part Time: Full-Time