Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Quality Assurance Supervisor in Dandridge, Tennessee
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we’re a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we’re proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Supervises the plant quality assurance function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system. The plant quality assurance supervisor, if designated is to be trained and certified in the food safety system and oversees its development, implementation, review and maintenance. Provides for trained backups in the case of absence of key food safety system employees.
- Supervises and coordinates the employees and activities of the plant quality assurance function as directed.
- Facilitates a "quality conscious and pride in quality" attitude with the department.
- Facilitates the installation and maintenance of established quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains a gauge and inspection equipment control system to provide and calibrate gauges and instruments as required. This includes the initiating of requisitions to ensure compliance with group standards.
- Maintains inspection reports and quality complaints to determine defect trends in materials and products, and initiates corrective action if necessary through appropriate line or staff heads.
- Participates in customer interface with group and plant staff on quality-related matters.
- Maintains reports as necessary, evaluating the quality of designated products, in conformance with established quality assurance procedures.
- Schedules, or assists in scheduling, inspection personnel to specific assignments to ensure the most effective utilization of manpower.
- Facilitates quality assurance training and development programs.
- Supervises or assists in the inspection or testing of various materials and products to determine compliance with specifications.
- Assesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- May be required to understand, complete, and evaluate line set-ups and process capability studies.
- May evaluate line statistical process controls and recommend improvements.
- May facilitate and train on the Infinity system.
- May coordinate and set up new specifications/checks into the Infinity system.
- May be required to keep manuals and computerized information up to date.
- May manage supplier and mills claims and respective documentation.
- May manage plant trials, qualifications, and documentation of tests.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: product specifications and customer needs and expectations, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant quality assurance techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball
- Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Relocation for this position is Available.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options that include:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, a variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance and tuition reimbursement.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job ID: 665280
Location: TN - Dandridge
Full/Part Time: Full-Time