Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Line Mechanic in Dandridge, Tennessee
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we’re a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we’re proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Works a 4x4 schedule, 12-hour shifts. The shift rotates between days/nights every 4 weeks.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Relieves adjusters and other mechanics for breaks as needed.
- Jointly responsible for all required operating data such as production figures, machine performance, line efficiency, maintenance requirements, and scrap.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED), or through equivalent work experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Nomenclature of all assigned equipment and products.
- Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- 5% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options that include:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, a variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance and tuition reimbursement.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Line Mechanic
Job ID: 665412
Location: TN - Dandridge
Full/Part Time: Full-Time