Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Production Supervisor in Columbus, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is a pending new joint venture between Platinum Equity and Ball Corporation. The deal is expected to close later this summer. We are excited about the opportunities ahead as we leverage our expertise to create value and a sense of ownership.
Ball Metalpack produces 100 percent recyclable tinplate food and aerosol containers. As part of Ball Corporation, we’ve been industry leaders for years. Now we are standing up a new company with exciting new roles and responsibilities – including this one!
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and develop innovations. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging delivers to our customers and to families. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit todays needs. We recently breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
With the help of our 1,300 talented employees, Ball Metalpack will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
4x4 schedule, 12-hour shifts, NIGHTS.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervises the production department as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Supervises and coordinates the employees and activities of the productionfunction to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
- Facilitates the on-the-job training and development of subordinates’ skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
- Facilitates communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
- Maintains production, spoilage, and downtime records.
- Leads problem solving sessions to solve production, quality and safety issues.
- Responsible for monitoring machine parts and supplies for productionequipment as needed to maintain their good working order.
- Evaluates products to ensure compliance with established quality standards.
- Reviews production schedules to ensure an optimization of set up changes.
- Furnishes work orders and schedules for maintenance corrective action.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Required to work assigned 4x4 schedule of 12-hour shifts.
- Broad experience usually acquired through working in a manufacturing plant.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in 5s, Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and problem solving.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to operate and functionally use the computer.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Metalpack offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Production Supervisor
Job ID: 664343
Location: OH - Columbus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time