Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Production / Maintenance Technician - Lean Manufacturing in Columbus, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we’re a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we’re proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s production goals, overall business plans, and objectives as directed.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- May be required to stage and maintain packaging materials and follow correct packaging/banding procedures.
- Performs and assists in preventative maintenance on production equipment as required, including track work, elevator, and complete maintenance of the line.
- May assist with the disassembly, overhaul, and rebuilds of production equipment.
- May perform troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process and finished products.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Relieves operators for breaks as needed.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Required to work assigned schedule or 12-hour shifts, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED), or through equivalent work experience
- Job related experience for 1-2 year(s) minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- all assigned equipment and products
- mechanical troubleshooting (hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.)
- use of micrometers, calipers, etc.
- ability to use simple hand and power tools
- basic mathematical calculations and functionally use a computer
- statistical process controls software
- Required on-the-job and classroom training, including SPC.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options that include:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation, sick time and holidays to recreate and rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, a variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance and tuition reimbursement.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Production / Maintenance Technician - Lean Manufacturing
Job ID: 665269
Location: OH - Columbus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time