Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Strategic Development Manager-Defense & Intelligence Programs (663645) - Security clearance required in Chantilly, Virginia
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Strategic Development Manager, Defense & Intelligence Programs
Ball Aerospace’s Strategic Operations (StratOps) organization is based in the Washington DC area and works collaboratively across Ball Aerospace and our stakeholder community to increase our profile in the market. The StratOps organization consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications, and Strategic Development. The purpose of StratOps is to strategically position the company within our markets, work with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of the company, and facilitate collaboration across the company to increase business opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- This critical position reports to the Director, Defense & Intelligence Programs, Strategic Operations. It is based in Chantilly, VA, with collaborative, routine, and on-site engagement with the Arlington, VA and Columbia, MD locations.
- Influence, shape and support Ball defense and intelligence programs for various customers.
- Understand and communicate key issues and information regarding the intelligence community, DoD, and other national security organizations and develop action plans to address areas of interest to Ball.
- Serve as integrated team member of StratOps and the defense and intelligence business unit teams to develop, coordinate, and implement strategic priorities.
- Create and maintain extensive and enduring customer/influencer relationships.
- Establish a rapport with customers to gain insight into organization direction, policies, priorities, plans, budget and political environment.
- Favorably shape requirements and acquisition plans, identify and qualify potential new business opportunities.
- Work closely with StratOps counterparts, appropriate business unit leaders, program managers, and business development teams to help devise and implement strategies to meet company and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) goals and objectives, support strategic planning, and develop proposal and pursuit strategies.
- Ensure coordination of messaging in and out of StratOps and business unit teams, consistent with strategies and goals.
- Formulate strategies and participate in strategy discussions with strategic business units, Strat Ops, and across Ball for advocacy of existing and new business, to include developing, coordinating and implementing contact plans.
- Analyze and present information on new opportunities, competitive assessments and trends in the defense and intelligence environments.
- Initiate, coordinate and participate in stakeholder meetings in the Washington area across SBUs.
- Gain recognition as a trusted and respected representative of Ball Aerospace across our customer base.
- While based out of the Chantilly, VA office, regular travel to the Arlington and Maryland offices, as well as the greater DC area to other Ball and customer locations and events.
- 25% business travel may be required
- Participate in DC area events and represent Ball at various events relevant to our strategies.
- Engage in various identified industry associations and events relative to our strategies, both in and out of the DC area.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BA or BS degree in a related field, plus 10 or more years of experience with national security space systems and/or intelligence programs is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Current knowledge and experience working with the intelligence community, DoD, USAF, and relevant organizations in the defense and intelligence arena.
- Knowledge of the Federal budget process.
- Strong programmatic background with government or industry desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit thought leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments with strong collaboration skills.
- Willing and able to work in a dynamic environment and possess an innovative spirit
- Effective in working with people at all levels and willing to contribute wherever needed, providing leadership to operational activities as well as senior executives.
- Willing and able to work in a dynamic environment and possess an innovative spirit.
- Ability & willingness to travel.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Strategic Development Manager-Defense & Intelligence Programs (663645) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 663645
Location: VA - Chantilly
Full/Part Time: Full-Time