Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Advanced Systems Manager (665366) in Chantilly, Virginia
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
This position can be located in Chantilly, VA or Broomfield, CO
Senior Advanced Systems Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems Manager with demonstrated skills and experience working with customers in the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense.
What you'll do:
- The responsibilities of this position are to lead customer engagements and identify/pursue new business opportunities in the National Intelligence Space and the Space Resiliency and Survivability mission areas within the National Defense strategic business unit.
- Duties include coordination with company business development personnel, management of personnel in the development of solutions in response to stated customer needs, development and execution of capture plans and strategies, and customer relationship management.
- Provide leadership to engineers and staff focused on capturing system, subsystem, and payload opportunities supporting national and restricted markets.
- Identify innovative research opportunities and establish industry partnerships necessary to effectively compete.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, strategies, competitive intelligence, and market and legislative forecasts commensurate with company financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in a related field, plus 15 or more years of related experience is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working in aerospace, the intelligence community, defense, or related industry.
- Current TS/SCI access is required.
- Detailed understanding of the individual customers, their priorities, and potential industry competitors.
- Strong technical competence.
- Demonstrated experience in leading program teams.
- Superb presentation skills and experience presenting to senior audiences.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Influencing, communication, and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Experience working and operating within classified program environments is necessary.
- Strong programmatic background with government or industry is desirable.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic business plans is a strong plus.
* Working Conditions:*
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Position can be located in either the Chantilly, VA or Broomfield, CO locations
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Advanced Systems Manager (665366)
Job ID: 665366
Location: VA - Chantilly
Full/Part Time: Full-Time