Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Cyber Assurance Architect Engineer – Staff Consultant, Systems (665298) in Chantilly, Virginia
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Cyber Assurance Architect Engineer – Staff Consultant, Systems
Staff position, reporting within the Resiliency Assurance Group. Responsible for assessing, defining, modeling, and analyzing information assurance and systems-level architecture trades against cyber and information assurance requirements as they relate to mission success. Work with New Business/Program personnel and mission-systems engineering to optimize architectural trades early in the program, study, capture, and proposal phase to meet mission both cyber and information assurance objectives by quantifying mission risk against assurance design requirements. Interface with experts in the community to communicate Ball’s information assurance position and path forward. Engage with SSU and SBUs to leverage information Assurance personal skillset to answer additional cyber requirements being flown in new programs. Work with program and proposal managers to support cost and schedule estimates related to information assurance requirements.
What You´ll Do
- Work with program and mission-system personnel to define, assess, and analyze mission level information assurance requirements and identify impacts systems-level architectures.
- Quantify mission-level risk in trading assurance requirements with resiliency objectives.
- Support proposal activity by providing cost and schedule estimates related to design influences on information assurance requirements and mission success and resiliency posture.
- Provide key information assurance products, analysis, guidance, and risk assessment through proposal and program life cycles as needed.
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide best-value mission/system/program solutions.
- Leverage existing information assurance workforce/knowledge and engage with proposals/programs to address cyber requirements outside of information assurance
- Translate customer objectives into internal requirements, procedures, and products based on BPL (Ball Process Libraries) and ISO standards.
- Write and present reports documenting information assurance architecture, requirements, products, and risk.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of information assurance personal to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Five or more years of continuous, related, progressive experience in information assurance, system architectural development, modeling, and/or risk assessment is desired.
- Security +, CISSP, or comparable DoD 8570 compliant certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months required is desired.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with management.
- Expertise/experience with assessing and quantifying system-level cyber mission risk is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Cyber Assurance Architect Engineer – Staff Consultant, Systems (665298)
Job ID: 665298
Location: VA - Chantilly
Full/Part Time: Full-Time