Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Writer - Editor Senior (665552) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technical Writer – Editor Senior
Communicate the company’s technical information in ways that are more understandable, usable, and accessible for employees and customers.
What you’ll do:
- Proof, edit, write, research, organize, and format technical content for business proposals, program reports, hardware specifications, user manuals, white papers, and other documentation, focused on Department of Defense and Intelligence Community programs
- Review and edit professional journal articles for clarity, grammar, format, and compliance with applicable standards
- Create forms, checklists, procedures, and work instructions to support business processes
- Apply company- and community-specific publication standards, branding elements, style guides, and best practices to create high-quality, Ball-branded professional content in all materials developed
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience with an emphasis or demonstrated work experience in technical writing or Certificate in Technical Communications.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in writing, editing, and researching technical documentation
- Ability to interview subject matter experts, grasp key technical concepts, and distill information into technically accurate, understandable prose
- Ability to condense or revise highly technical content into easily understandable text and ensure thoroughness and accuracy of all publications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure with fast turnarounds
- Ability to coordinate with project personnel, support functions, and subject matter experts
- Ability to review the scope of documents against program objectives or proposal requirements to ensure compliance and completeness of information
- Ability to work well with people as well as independently, and with little or no supervision after initial briefing
- Ability to maintain a predictable work schedule with occasional flexibility for evening or weekend work to meet deadlines, as needed
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Current TS/SCI security clearance, or the ability to obtain one
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator (e.g., certification through the Society for Technical Communications)
- Experience working on proposals for NASA, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the Intelligence Community
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Project, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to design the structure of complex documents
- Ability to incorporate accessibility considerations for those with disabilities
- Ability to identify and implement visual design elements to improve readability and understanding
- Ability to apply information mapping concepts to organize complicated topics
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Technical Writer - Editor Senior (665552)
Job ID: 665552
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time