Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Communications Manager-Proposals (664955) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technical Communications Manager (Proposals)
Ball Aerospace is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Technical Communications Manager with exceptional writing and editing skills to lead the Technical Communications group within the Marketing & Communications department. The Technical Communications group is responsible for proposal development, brand guidelines/templates, writing, editing, proofreading, graphics, database management/archives, final production and printing. This position is part of the Strategic Operations (StratOps) organization, which consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications, and Strategic Development. The purpose of StratOps is to strategically position the company within our markets, work with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of the company and facilitate collaboration across the company to increase business opportunities. This position is based Broomfield, CO.
What you’ll do:
- Manage technical documentation support to Strategic Business Units proposals and hardware programs.
- Apply company- and community-specific publication standards, branding elements, style guides, and best practices to create high-quality, Ball-branded professional content in all materials developed.
- Develop skillsets within the Technical Communications group to support the company: technical writing, technical illustration, document design, knowledge management.
- Select, motivate and counsel employees; administer salary and budget programs; ensure employee safety; plan, organize, integrate and measure work performed within the department.
- Develop strategic direction for department and lead employees and the company into innovative and new directions to accomplish the organization’s goals.
- Develop and maintain departmental budget. Ensure adherence to budget and manage departmental operations in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Maintain an open and effective interface with employees and management.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Identify training opportunities and develop career paths for employees.
- On occasion, as needed, provides support to other functions with MarCom, including but not limited to, media relations, special events, thought leadership.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in a related field, plus 8 or more years of related experience. Technical Writing, Technical Communication, or Professional Writing, Journalism, English, or Communications with an emphasis in a technology area (engineering or computer science preferred).
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in writing, editing, and proofing technical documentation.
- Writes persuasively and creatively, with ability to distill and condense or revise highly complex technical content into easily understandable text and ensure thoroughness and accuracy of all publications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, under deadline pressure with fast turnarounds.
- Ability to coordinate with project personnel, support functions, subject matter experts.
- Ability to review the scope of documents against program objectives or proposal requirements to ensure compliance and completeness of information.
- Ability to work well with people as well as independently, and with little or no supervision after initial tasking.
- Ability to maintain a predictable work schedule with occasional flexibility for evening or weekend work to meet deadlines, as needed.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Project, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to design the structure of complex documents.
- Ability to incorporate accessibility considerations for those with disabilities.
- Ability to identify and implement visual design elements to improve readability and understanding.
- Ability to apply information mapping concepts to organize complicated topics.
- Current TS/SCI clearance or ability to obtain one.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Communications Manager-Proposals (664955)
Job ID: 664955
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time